Thursday, 13 January 2011

Falling for you

I know, I'm just a big soppy idiot, who loves a bit of romance! Here is new work number two, currently on exhibition at The Beetroot Tree Gallery, Draycott, the second original ink illustration in a series of ten, 15x15cm on watercolour paper, framed in a lovely magnetic box frame.

Today, I have a day in the studio, and I think I'm putting it off.... the reason being that when I get in there I don't think I have the slightest inkling of what I want to start the year off with. I think the birds needs leaving alone for a while, the kitchen themed work may be a good place to start, but I am thinking maybe I need something completely new to do. Answers on a postcard please! Maybe I need a pep-talk from my sister!!

One thing you may or may not know about me is that I'm terribly indecisive, it does take me a while to make decisions where there is so much choice. Should I have a morning browsing blogs, looking through old sketch books, writing?? I think I have been spending so much time on the ink illustrations I'm getting a bit 'stuck-in-a-rut' and am wanting to branch out into pastures new, but want to keep a similar vein running through my work, so it isn't too different from what has become my 'thing'. Am I just being silly, or should I just go and get on with things rather than procrastinating and making excuses. Maybe I just need to open a brand new sketchbook and see what happens!!

1 comment:

  1. ooh I think I have commented on a couple of your blog posts but not realised there was a code so have clicked out too quick...

    anyway the shop has shelves and shelves of glasses - more than you can shake a stick at!!

    hope you have had a good studio day

    ReplyDelete

Other posts you might like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...