Wednesday, 26 January 2011

Filling in the gaps


This piece of work (still un-named) is coming together and I'm well on the way to completing it. I'm trying to depict some of the things close to my heart.... unity and togetherness, the safety and security of home, and this work features references to infinity, eternity, the circle of life and love. I also wanted to depict the concept of home, and what it means to me. I think I have achieved what I set out to do and I'm pleased with the way it's coming together.
I'm feeling a big boost to my confidence and ability as an artist after a very successful exhibition at The Beetroot Tree in Draycott in Derbyshire. We got some good mentions in the local papers and it seems all ten of the participants sold work. Things are going well, and even though I'm getting limited time to make new work at the moment, I'm hoping that the next couple of months will be very productive. Keep your fingers crossed for me!! I still have plans for a change of direction soon and just need to get out and about for some new inspiration and ideas, which I;m looking forward to once I have more studio days in the calendar.

1 comment:

Other posts you might like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...