Friday, 18 February 2011

delving deeper...



The pretty birds and delicate detailed ink illustrations have gone for a while... not forever, I must say, as they certainly have a purpose and a place within my work but for the next month I'm concentrating on something different, delving deeper into the things that I feel I need to do, things that make me 'me', things that make me happy, sad, thankful, things that make me think about who I am and who I have been. This is completely different to anything I have done before, and so far it's proving to be a bit of a revelation.... I'm enjoying the process and playing with ideas, and definitly not thinking about a commercial sell-able end-product. It's more about addressing certain things that definitely have played a part in my life since I took art up again after several years of not practicing at all and expressing things I have wanted to express, or ideas that have been in my head for a while. I don't know how it will all end up, and whether I will go straight back to my illustrations or my textile landscapes after this month of exploration, but I do know I'm enjoying what I'm doing, and enjoying making 'my' art because I want to.
I'm not sure I'll go into all of the details of how, when and why... as I'm not sure this blog is really a place for that at the moment, maybe it will become clearer soon. Ok, enough waffling, I'm off to start that book!! Have a good weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Other posts you might like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...