Thursday, 12 May 2011

beginning to grow...


Wow, what a busy day I have had, I might even have to miss my Thursday night yoga class and just go and lie down in a dark room!!

After a mad rush to the Opticians for an eye-test and then a visit to the framers to pick up two re-framed pieces of work for a gallery, I rushed off to town to meet the lovely people, Lorraine and Angelo, at Focus Gallery, where I had a really productive meeting and a chat about working together. It has made me feel so positive about things and has put a HUGE smile on my face!! Focus Gallery has been around since the 1970s (in fact they told me they will be celebrating their 40th anniversary this year!) and it has always been one of those places where we knew we would find just what we wanted for that special gift. The selection of work ranges from jewellery, ceramics, etchings, scuplture, original art work and limited edition prints from some of the UKs finest designers, and I must say I am feeling very pleased indeed to be working with them. You can click on this link here and go to their facebook page where you can see some of the work they have there.

So, that was all good! Things are definitely looking up at the moment. I have also made a BIG decision this week and have decided to apply for the British Craft Trade Fair next year. Major 'scary-ness' as I've only ever done one Xmas Craft Fair before but I am seizing the day and am going for it!! My sister sent me a quote this week... A year from now you may wish you had started today... so that is just what I am going to do!!

 A year ago from now, I was thinking that I didn't really know whether my art was going anywhere at all, I was feeling a bit despondent, and thought about just packing it all in and giving up (see here for proof!!). I'm so pleased I didn't. When I look at how far I have come in 12 months (mostly thanks to the help and support from the Nottinghamshire Creative Business Course I took part in) I feel very positive about the future. Ok, on that note, I'm off to put the kettle on. BTW the picture above is a work in progress, I ahve the name already for this one, will show you when it's finished!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Other posts you might like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...