Friday, 3 June 2011

A visit to Hebden Bridge




I didn't get around to posting yesterday due to a bit of travelling around and about... after work on Wednesday (after a 'very' long two day working week!!) I drove up to Halifax to visit an old friend for a big chat and catch up. Then on Thursday I drove over the moors, through some beautiful countryside, across to Hebden Bridge to visit the lovely folk at Snug Gallery on Market Street.

Now, the last time I was in that area was about thirty years ago on a family holiday and I can't remember very much about it, but it was a lovely place to spend the morning. It's on the canal so you have the narrow boats tootling along for those who prefer to sit and watch the world go by, as well as lots of independent shops (which is very refreshing in a time when all high streets seem to look the same!), a pretty little stream meadering through the centre, and coffee shops, organic bakeries and vintage/retro clothes shops. From what I could tell on my short visit they seem to have lots of things going on too with a heavy 'arty' influence. What better place to visit when you are on the hunt for new stockists for your work. Needless to say I had a very productive chat with Ed, the gallery owner, and I'm very happy to say that I'll be sending a selection of work up to them very soon.

Snug Gallery is a delight, a compact shop area with white walls and a very monochromatic feel (great for my work!) with carefully chosen, subtle flashes of colour here and there. There was a selection of photography, textiles, ceramics, jewellery, wood as well as prints and original artwork to peruse! If you are in the area you should definitely pop in and say hi. You can find out more about them on their blog here....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Other posts you might like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...