Wednesday, 3 August 2011

a piece of cake...


In celebration of my sisters recent nuptials and all things 'wedding-y' here is my newest picture, 'Wedding Cake', finished off this afternoon in the garden!

 I don't know what it is at the moment, but I'm struggling to put pen to paper and be motivated (and interesting!) enough to blog every day....  hence my recent lack of posts. As I've said before, my creativity seems to ebb and flow, like the tides, and there is nothing I can do about it!! Sometimes I have loads of ideas, inspiration and time to make new work, where I'm blogging regularly and spending lots of time on my artwork and loving the whole process.... and sometimes (like now) I find myself at a bit of a loss for what to tackle next, feeling like it's all a bit of a chore, and really I would rather be doing something else...

One of the things I have learned is to accept this, and take it easy and do something else when ideas are not forthcoming and just to stop and have some time to reboot!! (luckily I don't have to rely on my art to survive, otherwise I WOULD be in trouble!!) To be honest, at the moment, I'm just feeling like I need a wee break, some time to think about what is next, and how I'm going to get there! I'm off to Spain tomorrow to see a friend and I was going to take my sketchbook with me, but I have decided to leave it at home, I'm just going to take some good books and my ipod and have lots of R&R by the pool!!

So if things go a bit quiet for a while, worry not! I'm still here, but just having some time away from the computer and more time next to people.... be back soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Other posts you might like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...