Thursday, 1 September 2011

Handmade Tiles





Well look what Mr Postman brought me this morning.... a lovely batch of handmade tiles which I've been working on with the ceramicist Charlottle Stockley, who very kindly made the tiles and fired my designs onto them for me. I'm so pleased with the results. I just need to decide how I can frame them/costs etc to decide whether this may be a viable option for expanding my product range. The tiles are a gorgeous light grey and the black designs just seem to work with this lovely natural background. I'd love to know what you think of them.

As for other stuff, it's been a while since I have had any studio time as I've been working hard through August in the land of pills and pharmaceuticals, so this week I have three lovely days to spend getting my act together and getting back into my art work. My studio has become a bit of a dumping ground lately for boxes and old rugs, camping chairs and dust sheets, so I decided that I needed to have a bit of a tidy up before I could sit down and begin my work, it's just a 'thing'of mine, maybe bordering on OCD, who knows, I just need to have a tidy workplace before I can start! Needless to say, I didn't get any work done but the studio is calling me today and I'm off up there in a wee while to get some stuff done. the 'to-do' is MASSIVE, so I need to get focussed and turn of the computer!! BFN

2 comments:

  1. Love them!
    I have to have a tidy workspace too, can't concentrate on anything if I know there are things in a muddle elsewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh I like these Sue! they look great!

    ReplyDelete

Other posts you might like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...