Monday, 3 October 2011

A new character





My lovely nieces bought me this owl for my birthday and he's going to take pride of place on my bed. As soon as I saw him I knew I had to draw him, and here are todays sketches of Mr Owl. It's great to get the sketchbook out again and just doodle and develop ideas.

This weekend was 'the' weekend of the BIG birthday, and also our 12th wedding anniversary. I spent the weekend up North with the folks and it was just perfect. It was nice and quiet and just what I wanted. I got loads of lovely pressies, including a 10 week life drawing course from my friends and a two day screen-printing course, as well as a gorgeous new watch and a spa treat from my sisters. *I'm a very lucky girl indeed!! So I look forward to my course starting in a couple of weeks time and I'll let you have a peek at my efforts when the time comes!!

For now, I'll leave you with my sketches from today and go back to writing my big to do list. I ahve a very budy few weeks coming up with an exhibition starting Friday and also I'm taking part in a Pop-Up Shop in Chilwell soon too. Details to follow.....

1 comment:

Other posts you might like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...