Monday, 19 December 2011

christmassy...


I'm actually feeling christmassy.... I never feel very christmassy so this is a departure from the norm, I don't know what's changed but I'm liking the lack of 'bah-humbug-ness' I'm feeling. I can't believe how it has crept up on us but it's nearly here and I'm really looking forward to it. We are having Steve's family round for Christmas dinner and just having a really chilled out time at home, it's more about spending quality time with nearest and dearest and just having a nice festive break (and a very scrummy lunch.... HIGHLIGHT OF THE BIG DAY!!)

So I have lots of plans for 2012 and have looked at last years 'wish list' of things I wanted to do... I've been reading over my old blog and also reading this one just to see how I've done (why didn't someone tell me to shut up about my bloody 'to-do' lists?? who cares!!). It's extremely satisfying to have increased my stockists, taken part in not one but 6 exhibitions, and also to have completed a Creative Business course which has made me a lot more focussed and eager to succeed. I have been accepted to join Design Factory, which I was over the moon about, and I'm hoping that this will open a few more doors for me, and help me with business plans etc. and have had the great pleasure to work with some fab creative people over the last year.

One thing I did notice about my blog, is it just reads a bit like a diary of what I'm up to.... not exactly the most interesting read in the world, so next year I have a few plans up my sleeve. I'll be reviving the 'Wednesday feature' on artists and designers I like, sharing some of their gorgeous work, and also will be resurrecting my 'Sketchbook Peeks' series I started for the Nottingham Craft Mafia a while ago. If anyone would like to take part, there are a series of questions to answer, links to provide, which will all be featured in the write-up and also I want some pics of your sketchbooks ('cos I'm nosey like that... and very interested in creative processes etc). So please get in touch, I don't mind which media you work in, as long as you use sketchbooks then you can be considered.... looking forward to that... email me via my website...

So better be off, I've a bit of work to do, and also an early night to have, this is a really busy week at my regular employed job, so I need all my beauty sleep and brain power to get through til Wednesday night...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Other posts you might like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...