Wednesday, 14 December 2011

from a giraffe to a dog to a dragon...





I know, weird name for a blog post, but I thought it sounded a bit more interesting than ducks III! Plus I haven't done Ducks III yet.... maybe later this week, let's see what that brings. It a busy week or two in the world of community pharmacy up until Christmas so I might not get much time to sketch but I hope to. I have lots of ideas brewing for 2012, I have to look back over what I've achieved this year (I think this is always a good thing to do as you can see how far you've come and it does feel good to see how far all the small steps have taken you). I also have my first trade fair to prepare for, so I'll be scouring the internet looking for lots of inspiration and also meeting a couple of the experts to grill them for some good advice.

But, I digress, back to the sketches.I got some time last week to have a look  in my sketchbooks and just do some random sketches based on a picture my godson did a few weeks ago. It was a picture of a couple of giraffes and as I was playing about with the shapes it transformed from a giraffe to a dog (some kind of wire-haired terrier type breed) and then into a dragon. It's strange how ideas develop... I do love looking into other artists sketchbooks to see how their ideas develop and how they use their sketchbooks. A few years ago i did a series of Sue's Sketchbook Peeks for the Nottingham Craft Mafia blog. I'm thinking that maybe I should give this another try for this blog, instead of ranting on about myself all the time.... I also seem to have left my 'featured' slot I used to do on Wednesdays behind so maybe I need to look at that again too....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Other posts you might like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...