Friday, 30 December 2011

last post of 2011


So, its the last post of 2011 and what a great year it has been. So it's now time for reflection and time to have a think about things to do for 2012.... and my head is full of ideas... As for this blog, I'm hoping to breathe some life into in and make it more informative and bring in some posts about other artists and designers whose work I like... watch this space...

Reflection-wise, 2011 has been, creatively, a very good year for me. I've spent more time making new work, which has been really well-received. I've expanded my product range into tea towels and also have been exploring ceramics and glass, I've taken part in several exhibitions, continued working with Creative 10 (the group of designer-makers I spent time with on the Nottinghamshire Creative Business course) and also I took part in a ten week Life-Drawing class which has renewed my enthusiasm for sketching. I've spent the last two evenings sketching from some images I've collected and have really enjoyed just taking a bit of time, starting a new sketchbook and just filling the pages, and not caring if they all don't turn out as well as I wanted. I've also been accepted into Design Factory, which I think I have mentioned, which I'm hoping is going to bring lots of new opportunities and the chance to work and collaborate with other designers....

So, it would be great to hear all about your achievements during 2011 and what you hope to achieve in 2012.... please feel free to leave a comment...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Other posts you might like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...