Thursday, 1 December 2011

Work in Progress





You might recognise this from my post yesterday of my sketchbook draft-sketch?? Well I decided to start and A2 original of this one today and this is how it is shaping up...

It's great to finally move onto some new ideas and work in a sketchbook and even better to take ideas to the next level, ie fresh sheet of my 'posh/saved-for-best' paper. I have been dipping in and out of some of my reference/inspiration books recently and have been drawn to the patterns in the work of Gustav Klimt. I'm going to try and incorporate this into this new piece in the water area, lets see how it turns out!! It's time to stretch my boundaries a bit more and try something new.... if I don't start doing this my work is going to stay the same for ever and I don't want it to become stale and samey. It's good to try something a bit different... don't they say 'variety is the spice of life'? I'll keep you posted with how this one comes along...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Other posts you might like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...