Thursday, 19 January 2012

vessels...




vessel: a hollow container especially one to hold liquids, such as a bowl or a cup.

So I have found some new inspiration this whilst browsing through my stack of magazines, a gorgeous photoshoot in Country Living Magazine gave me the idea for some new work... Well, I suppose if I'm honest it's kind of a continuation from my Kitchen-themed work I did a while ago. Up until now my head has been to full of birds and ranges and prints that I haven't had time to think what I want to do next. So, this is it vessels....

I got thinking about definition and interpretation of the word 'vessel' and to me it means something that holds or carries something else so it could be used/translated/interpreted in many ways. In that respect we can even think ourselves as vessels, carrying thoughts, feelings, messages, ideas..... I could go on but I won't you'll all think I've gone a bit la-la and philosophical. So anyway, thats what I'm exploring for the next few months. I'll share what I get up to along the way. I can't promise much headway very quickly as I'm organising my stand for my first trade fair in April with the birds, so I think that will be taking up a lot of my time. But it's good to have some creative ideas on the back burner, something I can just pick up as and when I have the time.

1 comment:

Other posts you might like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...