Friday, 27 January 2012

weekly round up

so this is what I have been looking at all morning, paperwork, lists, computer screen and emails, whilst dreaming of being in the studio, (i'm beginning to think I'll never see the inside of my studio again!!) As you know I'm preparing for my first trade fair and I have so much to do as far as organisation goes so I know that for the next few months I'm not going to be doing a lot of 'making' as I have to don my 'organising and getting things sorted' hat instead.
Ever since my 'Creative Directions' mentoring meeting with Rachael Chambers from Ferrers Gallery last week my head has been spinning with ideas and lists of all the things I need to do. I have decided on my product range and am also looking into developing a couple of new lines, ceramics and glass, but the research is taking a loooong time to get through. I really want to get some of my designs onto mugs, but trying to find a company who will produce the quantity I need, at a cost which is affordable to quite a task in itself. I have found a few good options, and have a few decisions to make regarding funding, but hopefully I will get this all sorted out soon.... watch this space....

I'm doing a slight redesign on my logo too, to include a more illustrative element, and something which will be more recognisable. Once this is done, new business cards and postcards can be ordered. The badges which I'm going to use in my promotional material are well on their way to being ordered, just need to tweak my designs a little and get them sent off.

As for the rest of the afternoon, I'm off to the bank and then going to treat myself to a broadband signal amplifier so I can actually work online in the studio rather than in the house. I'm sure this will make me feel better just being 'in' my own workspace where the distractions of everything else will fade away.

Hope you all have a good weekend,

1 comment:

  1. Wow, what a busy bee. Dont know how you can drag yourself away, all sounds very organised and exciting though, look forward to your new logo.

    ReplyDelete

Other posts you might like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...