Thursday, 16 February 2012

Christmas trees in Feb??



I have a few themes I need to explore to plump out my portfolio, one of them is Christmas... I know a little bit late but well in time for next Christmas. I have been wanting to draw a Christmas tree for a while now and just don't seem to have had time do it. So Saturday morning in front of the fire I started my topiary style Christmas tree and I'm liking how it is turning out....

What new work are you all working on at the moment? I'd be interested to have a look so drop me a link in the comments, it would be good to have a peep...

So another week is nearly over, and I'm another week closer to BCTF (eek!). The countdown is now at 8 weeks and time is flying by. I'm happy with my progress but still feel as though I have lots to do. I'm thinking about using a 'second skin' for the walls which will mean I can paint and prepare all of the walls at home, transport them all there in my caravan and arrange where every thing is going to go before I even get there. I can even put my hooks and shelves up and assemble them when I get there. I'd love to know if anyone has tried this method before and how well it worked.

Ok, more later, I'm making a conscious effort this week to be more focussed and have less distractions from all things computer based (emails, twitter, facebook, blog) so I'm off to tackle my list of jobs and I'll be back later...

4 comments:

  1. Great looking Christmas Topiary tree. I am working on some new cards for Mother's Day but not on my blog yet or for sale on my website, but watch this space. I have also been doing a little bit of Zentangle and will be doing a blog post about it this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christmas anytime of the year is great! Love your work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks fab. I'll be visiting the BCTF again this year - will look you up.
    Glassprimitif

    ReplyDelete

Other posts you might like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...