Tuesday, 20 March 2012

Atelier Gallery, Barnstaple, Devon




 

Yes, as you probably know I've been away exploring down in the southwest of our lovely country, visiting an area we have never been to before. During our trip to Devon I got the chance to finally go and meet Tracey, the owner of Atelier Gallery in Barnstaple. It was great to see the gallery and also I was able to drop off more new stock for the discerning customers of Barnstaple.

Now Tracey was one of my first stockists from way back when... She contacted me having seen my work on Folksy and asked if I would like to work with her. I was taken aback as this was the first time someone had  contacted me to ask to stock my work so as you can imagine it was all very exciting! Tracey was just starting the gallery and there are pictures on the blog of the very beginnings, lots of hard work went into the inital preparation of the space, and how she has transformed it. It is full of utter gorgeous-ness, and I was pleased to say that I recognised and admire a lot of the names of artists and designers whose work is stocked at Atelier. There is also a work-shop area to the left hand side of the shop with a huge table and seating, where Tracey has started running workshops, making mugs, knitting, customising clothes and other sewing and crafting activities. Classes run for both adults and children and if I lived a wee bit closer I'd love to partake!!

So if you are in the area, I should definitely recommend you take a look. There is a fab selection of prints, original framed artwork, craftydermy, stitch, ceramics, jewellery and prices are great too. Tracey really has done a great job and long may it continue.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely to meet you at last. Your work is now out and being admired by my very lovely customers. We've both come a very long way in the last two years, I wonder what exciting things the next two years will bring? Best wishes T x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sue, this place looks just beautiful! x

    ReplyDelete

Other posts you might like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...