Wednesday, 14 March 2012

A head full of ideas....

So this week I'm out and about exploring the Devon coast and what better place to go to get some new ideas for work than the seaside? The sights, smells and sounds all take me back to beach visits with grand parents, childhood holidays and lots of happy memories so the brain has been working overtime thinking and planning new work! As well as spending time by the sea we have also explored the rolling landscape inland as well as visiting one of my stockists, Atelier, in Barnstaple, a gorgeous gallery full of beautiful work and s lot of names I recognised and admire! It was great to finally meet Tracey, the gallery owner, who was one of my first stockists.

It been a welcome break to be away from the computer, away from my day job (which I have not missed one bit!!) and also dare I say it, it has been great to not think about BCTF preparation for a week!!

So far in my head I have a new range of seaside themed bird illustrations as well as some ideas for landscapes and I might even have to depart from black and white and get my paints our for a bit of colour work or even mixed media when I return home!

1 comment:

  1. beautiful image Sue. Can't wait to see some of the new work x

    ReplyDelete

Other posts you might like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...