Friday, 6 April 2012

BCTF prep - 8 days to go




Happy Friday everyone. I woke up at the crazy time of 5.30am this morning, which in itself is unheard of, but on a bank holiday friday for goodness sake?? What's all that about? Once I decided I wasn't going to fall back to sleep I decided to get up, make a cuppa and finish my book 'The Understudy' by David Nicholls in bed, good read and funny btw!! I now feel as though I've been up for hours, and am feeling a bit sleepy!!

BUT, the traumas of such an early rise aside, I've had such a productive weekend so far, so here are some pics of what I've been up to. My gorgeous card display frame (made by my lovely, and very patient husband) is painted black. It has warped slightly so I may just have to lie on it for the next week to flatten it out again! I finally decided on the framed pictures to take with me for my feature wall so they are all signed, mounted and framed ready for hanging. After much deliberation about wall covering (first it was MDF with fixtures and fittings ready fitted which was far too large and heavy to be logistically possible to transport, then it was fabric but I didn't feel confident that it would look right and now it's fabric and wallpaper) I've chosen an off-white linen effect wallpaper which should sort the walls perfectly. The skirting board has been painted with my signature 'grass' effect I use in my illustrations. It was great to get a paint brush in my hand again, maybe that is telling me something? So, skirting boards are all done, they just need cutting down.

I also got loads of printing done yesterday and I'm off to pick up my info pack outers tomorrow. It's all go, but I can finally say (without wanting to tempt fate) that it feels as though it is all coming together.... famous last words heh? Very very exciting!!

Have a great Bank Holiday weekend everyone! Lets hope for a few rays of sunshine!

4 comments:

  1. Hiya,

    I thought I'd pop over and say hello as I saw you on the LinkedIn group "Craft Blogs". Your card display stand is great, well done hubby! I'm trying to get my other half to make me something as the one I currently use for craft fairs is getting a little scruffy!

    I look forward to reading your other posts

    Amanda x

    water-lily-wishes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh! It's getting so close! Your preparations are looking really great. I've been waking up early too, my head is just so full of everything I need to do for BCTF.
    See you soon x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The anticipation and excitement shines through in your posts - I'm really looking forward to hearing how it all goes. Best of luck - your designs are gorgeous! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll definitely blog from the show if I can. Can't believe this time next week I'll be there!!

      Delete

Other posts you might like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...