Tuesday, 3 April 2012

BCTF preparation, 12 days to go




So, it's nearly here. As much as I hoped the time would not arrive as quickly as it has, my first trade fair is nearly upon me and nearly everything is done.

My business cards and postcards have gone off to the printers, my information packs have been designed (see above for sneaky peek), my stand design (after many changes of mind by me!!!) has now been finalised and I'm feeling a lot calmer than I did this time last week! At the weekend we (well, my fab husband) made my card display unit which I have undercoated and now need to paint, I bought some thick black fabric for one of my walls, I met with the lovely folk at The Design Engine to finalise product shots, ordered some lovely wooden clipboards for my orders (hopefully!), ordered my dinky little storage cupboard and printed up some of the prints I will be taking with me to the fair. It seems that for the past three months this trade fair and all it has entailed has never been far from my thoughts. At some points I have felt a bit over-whelmed and panicky that I've forgotten something, and other times, my feet have been a bit more firmly on the ground, and I feel smugly organised! Although that bit doesn't last long before something else pops into my head and I race to add something else to my list of things to do!

It hasn't been easy, and I'm sure that my family and friends are sick to death of me talking about it, but whoever said that getting out of your comfort zone and doing something you have never done before would be easy. Let's just hope that it's a roaring success. I have learned so much in the past few months, and have even made contacts with other designers who will be exhibiting. I now just can't wait to get the show on the road, meet some of my new cyber-buddies and of course, make lots of new contacts and sales!!

4 comments:

  1. Looks like you've been working hard - good luck for the show!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANKS, Nadine, it seems to be taking over my life at the mo!!

      Delete
  2. Oh how exciting! The info packs looks super cute. Hope it goes really well for you :) Hx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Helen, yes, really chuffed with the pack, can't wait til the show now!!

      Delete

Other posts you might like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...