Thursday, 10 May 2012

Featuring - Jessica Hogarth


Jessica Hogarth Designs at BCTF 2012
As you all know I took part in BCTF last weekend at Harrogate. As well as exhibiting my own work I got to meet some lovely people, some of whom I already knew a little bit via Twitter/blogging/Facebook etc. One of those lovely ladies was the talented surface pattern designer and illustrator, Jessica Hogarth. I got to know Jessica beforehand when I contacted her to enquire about her beautiful ceramic designs and we were both Newcomers to BCTF so we kept in touch on the run up to the show, comparing notes and keeping up with how our preparation was coming along. 

So it was lovely to finally put a face to the name when Jessica and I met on the day of set-up. Now I love Jessica's designs, and after meeting her at the fair I just had to share them with you. She has a fantastic collection which was very well received at BCTF, picking up new stockists and orders.


Jessica grew up in the lovely little town of Robin Hoods Bay on the North Yorkshire coast, a place I have visited myself on several occasions over the past few years. It's built on a very steep hill which runs down to the sea, and the houses literally do look like they are on top of each other. her illustrations are heavily inspired by the area and her architectural designs are just divine.


Jessica attended Leeds College of Art to study Printed Textiles and Surface Pattern Design. She graduated in June 2010 with a first class honours degree (well deserved in my opinion!) and immediately exhibited at the New Designers Exhibition in London, where she was headhunted for a design role with a Manchester based company. In May 2011 Jessica left this position and returned to her homeland in North Yorkshire to start Jessica Hogarth Designs. If you want to find out a bit more about Jessica and her beautiful illustrations and designs you can visit her website here and you can also find links to her blog, stockists and portfolio.

2 comments:

  1. Nice to see your doing well Jess. your work was always so inspiring at University.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice feature, great to see Jessica and her evocative designs.

    ReplyDelete

Other posts you might like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...