Wednesday, 16 May 2012

Featuring - Lauren Gray


The things that originally drew me to the work of this weeks featured artist were these beauitiful  houses I found on Etsy, whilst browsing a while ago, looking for new designers for the blog. They belong to Lauren Gray, of the Haunted Hollow Tree Shop on Etsy. Once I'd seen them I knew I'd have to get in touch and ask if I could feature them on my blog and luckily for me, Lauren was only to happy to be featured.


A little bit about Lauren, she is based in Southeastern Pennsylvania with her husband and two little ones. She is  a self taught artist, like myself, and has been selling her work since 2002. She works most often in Pyrography (woodburning) and favours figurative works and nature/botanical pieces. More recently Lauren has begun working in a new genre, creating three dimensional wood sculptures and wall pieces, and whilst she is obviously an amazingly talented artist, it is these pieces which stood out for me. These works are a merge of her love for organic shapes, materials, texture and design and have received praise from Martha Stewart Living magazine, Apartment Therapy and other notable websites and publications.



As well as her wooden scupltures you can also find a selection of her detailed prints in her shop. They focus on inspiration from nature and the female form. She stated she also has a major fascination and love for crystals and minerals, from both an energy perspective and visual perspective and have begun offering one of a kind sets of crystals and stones paired with handmade wood curio's. These pieces are a merge of her love for woodworking, the visual arts and the natural beauty and energy of the earth.


All images courtesy of Lauren Gray

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful items, thanks for sharing Sue! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What gorgeous pieces - I love the little houses!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i just LOVE lauren's work and have favourited many of her creations on etsy over the years!! thanks for a chance to learn a bit more about her :)

    ReplyDelete

Other posts you might like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...