Friday, 18 May 2012

North Yorkshire snaps




This time last week I was off on holiday in beautiful North Yorkshire. It was all a bit of a last minute holiday as we didn't really know where we wanted to go and what the weather was going to be like, persistent rain and a caravan not being a realistic combination for a whole week I'm afraid. So we ended up booking a lovely cottage very near Rievaulx Abbey (which was in fact nearly in our back garden!). We spent a few days with friends and family and the last few days on our own, which was just a lovely mix. It was great to do lots of exploring in an area we have passed 100's of times on our way back up to the North East, but have never really visited. In my honest opinion, I didn't really think there was a lot there to see.... how wrong was I?

I don't think we saw an areas we didn't like, it was ALL gorgeous, so we are off again in the van in a few weeks to do more exploring.... lots and lots of visual inspiration for some new landscapes i think...

2 comments:

  1. looks to me like you've been to all my favourite places. We've just got back from a weekend in Staithes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. try going to Runswick Bay - it's a fantastically higgledy piggledy fishing village :-)

    ReplyDelete

Other posts you might like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...