Friday, 22 June 2012

Refectory Table Garden Party



Last Sunday I was invited to a Garden Party organised by the lovely Janet Currie and Pete Mosley from The Refectory Table. If you don't know about what they do, you can check out their website, they run business courses from their home with a unique twist, small gatherings, good food and a personal touch. I initially met Pete and Janet at BCTF and have kept in touch with them and their goings on since via social media. I've also read Pete's book 'Make Your Creativity Pay' and am planning a review on the blog when I get around to it, hopefully very soon!

SO when the invitation to their Garden Party came through I thought what a nice opportunity that would be to go and meet other makers and have a chat with Pete and Janet. They very kindly said I could take some of my work to sell on the day and I had the spot in the kitchen, which fit really well with my kitchen themed prints and tea towels.

Now, I didn't know anyone else there (a step out of the comfort zone is always a good thing!) but I soon got chatting to everyone and it turned out to be a lovely day, and it was great to meet so many new faces and chat to everyone! The sun shone and we didn't need to get the waterproofs out at all, Instead we mingled, drank tea and ate cake, courtesy of the Clandestine Cake Club, founder member Lynn Hill was also there, telling us all about her cake philosophy, and she opened proceedings by cutting into the first cake!


The gorgeous work of Helen Rhodes took pride of place in the greenhouse, and the setting of glass and a background of natural brickwork really set it off well. It was great to meet Helen, I've seen her work in several galleries and love her style and themes. I had to treat myself to a selection of her cards, will show pictures later.



Pete and Janet had installed some great viewing tables in their garden and on show was the work of Nita Nathwani, who makes beautiful ceramics, delightful jewellery of Nicollette Potton and more beautiful ceramics and pots by Rachel Wood, whose natural colours fit in perfectly in the garden setting.

 


Inside the house there was more to see with the stunning paper bird sculptures and paper cut pictures of Maxine Greer, above, and the gorgeous prints of Kay Van Bellen (unfortunately my photo of her work was blurred so I couldn't post it!).

It was truly a lovely afternoon, cake, creative chatter and tea, as well as lots of lovely eye candy to tempt you to spend! Thanks to Pete and Janet for the invitation!

3 comments:

  1. Sound like my idea of the perfect afternoon - what fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i just love those flocks of birds!!
    and yes, THE perfect way to spend an afternoon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It all sounds like great fun. I have Pete's book too :D

    ReplyDelete

Other posts you might like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...