Wednesday, 18 July 2012

Featuring - Guiliana Lazzerini of The BlueBird Gallery


I can't help it.... I know... trees, birds, hearts, love.... are my featuring selections becoming too predictable? But I just really like this subject matter and am always amazed at the different representations I find whilst browsing Etsy looking for new talent to feature on my weekly slot.



So this week, it's the turn of Tuscan-born Guiliana Lazzerini from The BlueBird Gallery. Guiliana studied at The Istituto D'Arte Stagio Stagi in Pietrasanta where she gained her Masters in Art and then went on to study painting for four years at The Accademia Di Belle Arti in Carrara. She is inspired by her childhood experiences in Tuscany, where she spent much of my time in my father's mosaic studio (I'm not jealous at all!!). Here she discovered a passion for colour and geometry.

After graduating she moved to the U.K. where her work became also inspired by the natural world and the British landscape working in various mediums such as Painting and print making (Linocuts, Etchings and Monotypes). I have always loved lino cut printing but have never been able to capture my images as cleanly as Guiliana does, she is definitely an expert in the medium! She is now based in York.

Her work has been exhibited widely including Solo Exhibitions in Rome, Florence, Milan, London,Glasgow, Leeds & Michigan,U.S.A and has been published for clients including IKEA, WH SMITHS, WATERSTONES, KORSCH VERLAG & HIBELL ART




If you want to find out more about this talented lady then you can go and check out her website here or you can visit her Etsy shop if you are fancying dipping your hand into your pockets to buy one her pieces, It's right here  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Other posts you might like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...