Wednesday, 4 July 2012

Featuring - Kimberley Hart


This week I am featuring artist, Kimberley Hart from Ontario in Canada. I found her work on Etsy and as I've never featured an artist who uses polymer clay in their work, I thought 'There is no time like the present' and thought I'd share these gorgeous birds with you.


Kimberley claims she has never grown out of her childhood plasticine and play-dough days and that is where her love of the polymer clay medium began.

I asked Kimberley to tell us a little about herself and this is what she had to say:

'My name is Kimberly, but lots of folks call me Kookie. Ever since I was a kid, I've always wanted to be an artist. I'm not just saying that, either! I remember being asked in Kindergarten what I wanted to be when I grew up, and I distinctly remember replying that I wanted to be an artist. I didn't quite know then just what sort of artist I wanted to be, but I did know that's what I wanted to do! What a joy it is to be a quarter-century old, living my childhood dream, and making art for people all over the world. It makes my inner child very happy! There are pieces of me on every continent of the globe, and I find that pretty freakin' awesome - and mind boggling, actually!


If you would like to find out a little more about Kimberley and her beautiful creations you can check out her Etsy shop here. I particularly love this little fella here, he was a custom-made creation, and when I first saw him I thought he was made of metal but he is hand sculpted polymer clay, finished with mica powders, divine!!

All images courtesy of Kimberley Hart

No comments:

Post a Comment

Other posts you might like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...