Friday, 20 July 2012

historic inspiration



Last week we braved the British weather and headed off to Nofolk for a week in our caravan. We'd had it booked since the beginning of the year and my parents were coming with us so needless to say we were really looking forward to a week of our usual 'lucky' sunshine chilling out next to our van, walking during the days and long summery evenings drinking wine and eating bbq'd food.... If only the jet stream was where it should have been....

We got our fair share of rain but managed to get out and about most days, one such outing being to Felbrigg Hall  where we explored the beautiful gardens, ate our picnic then visited the lovely old house, very reminiscent of Downton Abbey or Upstairs Downstairs. I came across these gorgeous old vessels in the kitchen, an amazing high ceilinged room full of pots, pans, and old fashioned kitchen paraphernalia, which would have been a hive of activity in years gone by. This gave me lots of inspiration for my 'Vessels' range which is still floating around somewhere in my mind.



It's been a funny old week, I've been poorly all week, my Dad was admitted to hospital at the end of the holiday (and is now recovering back at home thankfully). I just hope everything settles back down to the normal equilibrium over the weekend as I want to be feeling fighting fit for next week, when I have my next mentoring meeting with Debbie, and lots of exciting things to be tackling at work. As I've been out of action I also have lots of catching up to do so I'd better go and get on with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Other posts you might like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...