Monday, 2 July 2012

Sketchbook Peeks with a difference - Amanda Janes


Whilst browsing through the aisles of BCTF I came across the most gorgeous stand, belonging to Amanda Jane Law of Amanda Janes. When I saw the gorgeous illustrations on her stand walls I knew I had to ask her if I could feature her work on my blog. I went to say hi the next day and on chatting to Amanda I discovered that she doesn't use sketchbooks as part of her practice and prefers to draw on anything other than paper. In fact the photos you can see here were all of Amanda's original drawings and illustrations which were onto cardboard. So although this isn't really a 'sketchbook peek' it will give you a little taster of the beautiful Vintage Parisian-inspired work of Amanda Jane Law....


Amanda describes herself as a mixed-media artist, working with photography, computerised drawing, printed textiles and embroidery. There is a very Parisian feel to her work which, coupled with her muted colour palette evoke a great sense of atmosphere and place. Amanda has made many visits to the city, and she skilfully portrays what she has found in the hustle-bustle of Paris, a sense of calm and tranquility, reflected in the imagery she produces.

Amanda has, in the space of a year, accomplished a unique style, and an admirable collection of work, ranging from labels, buttons and badges, homewares, framed pieces to one-off commissions, which you can see on her website here.


I wish Amanda all the best with her business and much success with her vintage parisian collection. I'm sure it will be a great hit with the buyers.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Other posts you might like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...