Sunday, 2 September 2012

Love, Lace and Revolution - Nottingham Festival of Words


This is a new and very exciting project I'm working on for The Nottingham Festival of Words, which launches on Wednesday 12th September at Antenna in Nottingham... You can read all about the launch event here and you can see the bit at the bottom, live poster art by Sue Bulmer.... my tummy still does a little flip every time I think about this as I've never done anything like this before.

I'm going to be making a piece of art live at the launch event in reponse to the happenings of the evening, which by all accounts sound very exciting. I came up with the idea of what I'm going to do yesterday whilst researching the event and it's going to incorporate a pre-prepared lace-inspired pattern which will act as an overlay onto a sheet of words, which will be inspired by the launch evening. I'm even considering a bit of audience participation.... watch this space for developments...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Other posts you might like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...