Monday, 28 January 2013

Nottingham Festival of Words


As you may know I am taking part in the very first Nottingham Festival of Words which runs throughout February 2013. I found out about the Festival last summer and applied to take part. As I had been working on some ideas incorporating words into my work it seemed like it was perfect timing and I was over the moon when my application was accepted and I was invited to be Artist In Residence.

I took part in the launch event which took place in September and I sketched 'live' in response to the events of the evening, something I had never done before. The poster I produced, Nottingham Loves Words, which you can see below, is now available for auction, the details of which you can find here.


I have been working hard on a new body of work for the Festival which is inspired by famous literary love quotes, song lyrics and poetry and this will be exhibitied in the foyer of the Newton Buliding at Nottingham Trent University over the middle weekend of the Festival, the 16th and 17th February I will also be hosting a participative artwork over the course of the weekend, which will feature a large scale interactive artwork which members of the public and visitors to the event can contribute to. It's all very exciting, and I'm very muich looking forward to the whole festival.

For more information on events you can download an event brochure and programme here.

On that note I will leave you with a work in progress, a quote from Mr William Shakespeare...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Other posts you might like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...