Monday, 25 February 2013

Capturing Heartfelt Moments - my new range of Commissions


One of the aspects of business I will be concetrating on this year will be the commissions side - it's really something I would like to expand and I'm looking at three main areas - Weddings, Family Trees and Heartfelt Moments.

'Heartfelt Moments' is an idea I explored and developed during the Mentoring programme I took part in during the last healf of 2012. The idea behind it is the 'illustrated gift of words' to someone special, whether it be a specific message/phrase/lyric/poem/saying we share we our nearest and dearest.

To illustrate the concept of Heartfelt Moments I asked the recipient of my first commission to tell us a little of the background to the piece they commissioned....

 'Coming up to our first anniversary, I was looking for a paper gift for my husband, something a bit unusual and with a special meaning to both of us. I decided to try and find a print with "The Owl and the Pussycat" as a theme, as this was the poem my softie husband had chosen as a reading at our wedding ceremony. I searched on the internet for ages but just couldn't find anything I liked.

Then I came across Sue's work when she was exhibiting at the Creative Twinning event in October. I loved Sue's whimsical black and white drawings, and on the offchance, asked if she could do a commission, expecting it to be both costly, and to take a long time - it wasn't either of those things! We agreed the design and Sue sent through a mock-up to check that we both had the same idea in mind, and within a couple of weeks it was ready. We both love it, and owning a unique, original picture from a local Nottingham artist is the icing (or the slices of quince) on the cake!'

If you, or anyone you know, would be interested in commissioning an illustrated message for someone special please get in touch to discuss your requirements.

1 comment:

  1. Love that you call it 'heartfelt moments'. It's such an accurate description that covers the diverse amount of joys we all celebrate.

    And what a gorgeous commission result! Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete

Other posts you might like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...