Wednesday, 6 February 2013

Catching up with mundane jobs


Today was my first day back in the studio after a week of being poorly, a weeks holiday in Norfolk and a long weekend of having some great quality time with an old friend. It was good to get back to work, but before I could do anything I decided my studio had become a complete mess and I just had to tidy up! I can't start work when the place is in a mess so I spent a good couple of hours with the radio on sorting out the debris of boxes, stock, invoices, sketchbooks and paperwork that seem to have accumulated since the pre-christmas rush. I sometimes resent having to spend time on the mundane jobs, such as tidying up, sorting out stock and doing paperwork, but I suppose these jobs need doing to keep the wheels turning. I can get on with some new work on Thursday after my first new gallery visit of the year. Watch this space for details...



All is now ship-shape and I feel I can see the floor a bit better now, and things just seem to feel more tidy in my own head too! This looks better doesn't it? All clean and tidy and ready for a very productive and busy start to 2013. At least I will stand a better chance of being able to find things now!

Have you been gripped by spring-cleaning fever yet or is your studio a bit less regimented and more 'relaxed'?

1 comment:

  1. Your studio looks super organised after the sort out. I'm a bit excited that I've actually got a studio now! As it was only completed at the start of Dec it is still quite neat and tidy.

    ReplyDelete

Other posts you might like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...