Friday, 22 February 2013

Creative Industry Day at Central College Notts



So, last Wednesday (it seems so long ago!!) I was invited to be part of the Creative Industries Day at Central College Nottingham. Along with about 15 other exhibitors and speakers from different creative business sectors I went along armed with sketchbooks and examples of my current work and spent the day chatting to students about creative careers. It was a fantastic to be able to tell my story and chat to younger people about their hopes/aspirations and dreams for their own creative careers. I surprised myself with how much I enjoyed the experience. Every time I leave that comfort zone behind I'm learning new things about myself, my skills and abilities and where I want my creative business to go in the future. It's making me feel more strongly than ever that this is the right path for me and I'm enjoying every step!

I'd just like to extend my thanks to all of the staff at Central College for having me, I really enjoyed speaking to your lovely students. Thank you for making me feel so welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Other posts you might like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...