Thursday, 7 March 2013

Market research - colour selection help needed


Colour palette 1

Colour palette 2

Colour palette 3

Colour palette 4
Ok you kind and lovely people I need your help.... I've been trying to choose colour palettes for my new range of cards and I'm wanting to go for something bright (to contrast really nicely with the Black and White work) and I'm struggling to make my mind up. There are 20 cards so will be two of each colour.The coour will be single colour per card and a block of colour for the whole image.... does that sound like it makes sense??

So far I have most occasions covered thanks to all of the helpful comments the other week on Facebook (ranging from deepest sympathy, boy/girl birth cards, sending love, birthday, i'm sorry, engagement, wedding, anniversary etc etc)

Please can you have a look at the selection above and let me know which one you like the best, just leave me a comment with anything constructive and the number of the colour selection yhou prefer from 1-4. I will enter all comments into a draw to win a pack of my greetings cards, just to make it worth your while....

Thanks in advance

18 comments:

  1. I think your cards will be lovely in colour. Initially I was drawn to the more muted selection in no.3, but actually the zingy colours in no.4 are growing on me... so hard to choose....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, I think 4 will work really well with your designs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm...I thought I liked number 4 the best but I like the greens in number 1 better. Nope I think I'll stick with number 4. It's a broader range of colours and I think it's colourful but no too bright. Perfect for your cards Sue!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sue,

    I'm normally a muted colour kind of person but I think colour palette 4 will look really effective with your designs. I think they would look good with just very small bits of colour added?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Option 4 for definitely for these little beauties. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Number 4, with Number 1 as runner up, although maybe you need separate palettes for Happy cards and Sad cards?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm going to be awkward and say I like two!! I like the second palette because it's bright and bold without being too garish, but I love the last one, particualrly because the shades are all quite warm and work well together.
    Hope that helps!!

    Emily
    missmagpiedesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sue, am excited to see these cards!! I think it's a close winner for me with number 4, although I think the greens in 1 pop more for me! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Definitely Number 4. So bright and positive, and I think they will look great as a collection.

    Gaynor
    Wimberry Designs

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi
    I prefer option 2 - like Emily i think it is bright but not too bright! All four have some lovely shades in them though. Hope you get some useful feedback from everyone's comments

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Sue,
    I like 4. 3 would be my runner up.
    Hope this helps :-) All the best!
    Shalini
    jewellery-by-shalini.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi, I like 4 with 3 being a runner up, I think the colours in 4 work better together, hope this is of some help.:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like 4 with 3 being my runner up. The colours in 4 work really well together. Hope this is helpful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. For me, it was between 3 and 4, I like the more muted of 3 but in the end my vote is with 4. There is a brightness with some sophistication with the tones, I think they will work great with your designs.

    Sally
    https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesignsOnPaper

    ReplyDelete
  15. For me, it was between 3 and 4, I like the more muted of 3 but in the end my vote is with 4. There is a brightness with some sophistication with the tones, I think they will work great with your designs.

    Sally
    https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesignsOnPaper

    ReplyDelete
  16. Number 4 is my favourite but you might need to consider whether it's appropriate for all of the occasions cards eg sympathy, although the dark blue could work well for that?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Selection 4 is a very eye catching range of colours, I love the wine gums colours, I think they could be tailored to fit most occasions.

    ReplyDelete

Other posts you might like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...