Wednesday, 24 April 2013

Working with a Creative Business Mentor - Part 4 - reviewing


Debbie, my mentor, taking part in my Nottingham Festival of Words Live Art Work
So, with the mentoring hours nearly all used up, I ask myself 'Has working with a mentor been beneficial to me and my creative practice?'

The answer has to be a resounding YES!!

Looking back over what I wanted to achieve through the mentoring scheme I think I have ticked a lot of the boxes of my initial goal list, which makes me feel that it has definitely been time well spent, from the Artist in Residence at The Nottingham Festival of Words, to creating new collections of work, to research and evaluation, to exploring new product ranges, expanding my skills, collaboration, and inreasing my profile it has been the really enjoyable and rewarding. I've learned a lot about myself and what makes me tick and also about the things I want to achieve in the future.

I think the fact that I knew Debbie beforehand made it easy to work with her. I knew what kind of person she was and knew that we would be on the same wave-length, which I do feel is really important when choosing someone to mentor you. You do need to click! I respect what she has achieved with her business and think this helped to inspire me on my journey. I just hope that she has enjoyed it as much as me!

So, if you are feeling as though you need a bit of direction, help or support with your creative business I would highly recommend seeking out the services of a Mentor. Take my word for it, it has been a great experience, and a lot of what I have learned on the journey will stay with me a long time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Other posts you might like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...