Wednesday, 29 May 2013

After The Jump - my new podcast discovery

http://www.heritageradionetwork.com/programs/79-After-the-Jump
I'm always on the look out for a new podcast to listen to as I'm driving to and from work or when I'm up in the studio. Usually it's a film or book review programme, comedy, plays, Desert Island Discs or Arts shows, Radio 4 featuring high up on the list of my faves but recently I read about the Design Sponge podcast on one of the RSS feeds from the amazing Design Sponge blog (which is one of the best blogs ever I must say, it's been around for 8 years now and I've been following off and on for most of this time). So when I realised they were making a podcast I decided to download a selection and I've been very inspired by them. If you want to check them out for yourself all you need to do is click this link After The Jump podcast They have given me lots of food for thought and loads of ideas for blog topics and discussions.

As well as a great selection of interviews with creative entrepreneurs and design talent I particularly loved Episode 13 which was all about Work/Life Balance, something I've been struggling with myself lately. I'm finding it quite difficult to motivate myself after a disappointing trade fair experience and a busy first three months of the year. For the last few weeks I've been feeling in need of a break, a bit of 'me-time' and listening to this podcast made me realise that everyone (even top-design bloggers like Grace Bonney) have these feeling from time to time, and it was reassuring to listen to Grace's open and honest account of how she deals with improving her work-life balance. So it's spurred me on to make my list of tasks for my studio days this week and I'm hoping that after an early night tonight I'll be raring to go tomorrow.

Also this week it's my last mentoring session with my creative business mentor, which will definitely make me feel better (spending time with other inspiring creative peeps always sparks my enthusiasm). We'll be catching up after a busy few months and reviewing my progress over the last twelve months and putting some more plans in pace for the coming months and reviewing lists of what I want to achieve by the year end. Watch this space!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Other posts you might like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...