Monday, 5 August 2013

Work-life balance - permission to take a break


It has been another busy week here at the studio with family, friends and work, as well as some very valued studio time. After my blog post about Work-Life balance last week I have been thinking about the lovely comments you all left and it has made me feel very relieved that it isn't just me my who is suffering with this never-ending balancing act. I don't think there is a perfect solution and I think we will all find our own answers to the conundrum eventually but for me I think my own answers are there, it's more about the state of mind or the mind-set which is going to help me achieve a more even-keel. I have been recommended a great book to read. It's called The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin and I'm going to be treating myself to a copy very soon and delving into that in the hope of finding my own answers.

Part of getting my balance right is that I have given myself permission to take a little break from blogging. I feel that I need a bit of time away from the laptop, time to reconnect with my family, my work and my life without the distractions of social media, emails, twitter and facebook (although I;m sure I'll be tempted!). I have a lot of books to read and lots of new things to learn, so when I'm back i will hopefully have lots of exciting news to share with you. So if you wonder where I've gone and whether I'm coming back, the answers are 'Not far away, I'm still here and I will be back very soon'

1 comment:

Other posts you might like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...