Friday, 4 October 2013

Featuring - Helen Russell Creations


Welcome to the land of Helen Russell Creations where the only luggage you need is your imagination! This week I'm featuring the work of the lovely Helen Russell of Helen Russell Creations.

I first met Helen Russell on Twitter a couple of years ago and we struck up an e-conversation about my first trade fair, BCTF in 2012. Helen kindly gave me some help and advice about the show and it was lovely to get to meet her on set-up day at Harrogate. We have kept in touch with each other since then, catching up with each other at BCTF again this year. I was in admiration of her gorgeous stand, and her work, see below.


I've been keeping track of Helen's work, and after a big website redesign, she has a fantastic web presence, where you can find out all about her quirky little creatures, the Blob Birds, Wonder Mice and the Gang from The Glade. Her imagination has been fed by (she says) too many hours reading books with beautiful illustrations... her own storytelling ability is also evident across the whole body of her work. Take a look at her website, you will know what I mean!

Image courtesy of Helen Russell

I asked Helen to tell us a little more about her work and this is what she had to say...

'Helen Russell Creations was born out of my on-going fascination with the natural world and the way people ‘collect’ items to remember events, holidays and people. I love using animals to create scenes that echo human nature and hope that my work helps support memories old and new.I’m a passionate creative who loves taking inspiration from the world around me. My brain clocks up new ideas constantly and I really enjoy working to bring them into reality. My love of illustration, nature and storytelling is central to my work. Each day I have to pinch myself, I have the best job in the world!'

Image courtesy of Helen Russell
If you want to find out a bit more about Helen and her imaginative quirky characters, all you need to do is head on over to her website and explore.

If you want to find out more about Helen or catch up with her on the road from now until Christmas, this is where you can find her:

Events: 

The Great Northern Contemporary Craft Fair at Spinningfields, Manchester on 10-13
October Country Living Christmas, Harrogate, Stand A8 28 Nov-1 Dec

Exhibitions: 

 Objects of Desire, Chapel Gallery, Ormskirk 24 November – 12 Jan
 Craft in the Bay Christmas Show, Cardiff 9 Nov-12 Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Other posts you might like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...