Thursday, 7 November 2013

Inspired by...

a trip last Sunday to Newstead Abbey... 

A well needed break as I have been feeling a bit under the weather lately so we decided to get up early on the Sunday morning when the clocks went back and made the most of the glorious morning and took ourselves off to Newstead Abbey for an explore and a trip down memory lane for my hubby.








Even though it didn't seem like a good idea when I had to drag myself out of bed, not feeling tip top and hoping to make the most of the extra hour in bed, I really enjoyed getting out and taking in the scenery. It has made me realise how easy it is to become blinkered, stale, tired and uninspired, so I have made a few decisions about next year in the hope that I will feel quite the opposite - eyes wide open, creatively refreshed and inspired!

I'm going to spend some time getting back to basics again with my creativity, exploring a few different techniques and enrolling on a couple of courses and workshops to get the creative juices flowing. It has been a busy couple of years for me, I'm really pleased with what I have achieved through the mentoring course and beyond, but now I feel as though the time has come to step back from feeling as though I have to do and try everything, taking every opportunity that comes my way, and instead just slow down for a while, regroup and begin exploring my creativity and trying new ideas, experimenting and playing again and just see where this leads.

I feel a break from the non-stop busy-ness will do me the world of good and hopefully it will give me some reflective thinking time, after what has been a very busy and exciting two years. It will give me time to think about what I want from my creative endeavours and put me back in touch with the real reasons I started this journey in the first place.... I know I've rambled on, I think what I'm trying to say is, I just feel like I need to reconnect with myself. Does anyone else ever feel like that??

1 comment:

  1. Louise MacIntosh-Watson7 November 2013 at 21:06

    I have been aiming to start two new collections a year. One in batik and one using paint. I prefer to batik in the winter and paint in the summer for some reason! This has helped me from getting stuck in a rut - I think you are wise to have a play in the new year; experiment and shake it up a little x

    ReplyDelete

Other posts you might like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...