Friday, 19 September 2014

open for business


Hi folks, I can’t believe it’s Friday already. I’m blogging this morning with a bit of excited news. I’m super-pleased to announce that I launched the Sue Bulmer online shop last night so I’m now officially  OPEN FOR BUSINESS (and I’ve already had some orders!!)

It has taken 11 months from my last website closing down to get to get to this point and it hasn’t been a walk in the park, let me tell you! It has taken me what seems like AGES to get here. I suppose during those 11 months I did step away from the business for a while as explained here so that did delay things somewhat. Making a new website was the last thing on my mind for much of that time but I’m pleased to say I got there in the end (a big thanks of course going to Heather Maloney of The Design Engine)

One of the biggest challenges for me was the task of product photography. It has seemed like a never ending process; setting up the shots, sorting out composition, editing, saving them at the correct size for the site and then seeing what they look like online. It has caused me hours of frustration but I think I got there in the end. I’m really grateful to those of you who left me valuable feedback on my Facebook page about styling, it really did help.

Why not pop over and have a look for yourself. I’d love to know what you think?

2 comments:

  1. The website looks great Sue! I know how much time and effort goes into sorting it out, so great news you've had orders already!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having spent the past 6+ months redeveloping my new site, I know how you feel. Product photography was a huge challenge for me too as I wanted my new/shop to be more image led and with the new design I had to retake all my product shots to suit the new layout. Thank goodness for Adobe Lightroom as without it the process would've taken longer. I'm viewing this post on my mobile so not had a chance to view your new site properly but can't wait to view it on my laptop later. All the hard work is worth it and you've already got orders so that's brilliant and with Christmas just round the corner you'll soon forgot the stress and the sleepless nights while you reap the rewards of all your hard work. Well done you!

    ReplyDelete

Other posts you might like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...