Monday, 22 September 2014

Transforming inspiration


transforming inspirationI’m really interested in the creative process and how different artists and designers work – how do they take their initial inspiration for an idea and transform it into a final piece of work. My series of sketchbook interviews on my last blog ‘Sketchbook Peeks’ gave us a glimpse into the sketchbooks of a wide selection of artist and designer-makers and I was constantly intrigued into the different ways that we all work. In today’s I’m going to share with you and example of how my original ink illustration Truly Madly Deeply came into existence.

sue_bulmer_truly_inspiration

The idea for my topiary trees in Truly Madly Deeply came from a day out at Thorpe Perrow in North Yorkshire one Mother’s Day weekend when my Mam and I spent the day wandering around the gardens and enjoying the daffodils. We came across these unusual looking trees and as soon as I saw them I just knew I had to take some photos and include the beautiful forms into my work.

sue_bulmer_truly_madly

I think this goes to prove that you never really know where you will find your next bit of inspiration, which is why it’s a great idea to always carry a camera or sketchbook with you when you are out and about.

I’d love to hear where you found the inspiration for your current piece of work – feel free to leave a comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Other posts you might like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...